Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MESS WITH 'EM, AND IT SHALL GET MESSY.

The creatures in my life have always found a mention here. Today's not-quite-escapade deserves an entire writeup, considering it is the lord and master of all things disgusting. Brrrr.

I was at my regular bus stop, waiting for one of the Express buses to come along. I was late and hopping mad cause I'd probably missed the 8.30. I found myself a shady spot to wait and avoided the queue.

A while later, I thought I felt something drop on me. Not spotting anything unusual on me or around, I ignored it. Within a minute, I saw a twig drop on my shoulder and brushed it off. Then another one fell. Considering there was no breeze, it puzzled me. I looked hard at the last one, lying next to my foot. It appeared to be a little reddish, and had some stuff on it. Weird.

I squinted at the branches of the tree above me and spotted a crow, fidgeting. I looked for a nest and didn't spot one. As I looked harder at the crow, it dawned on me. It was fidgeting with what looked like a carcass. What had fallen on me were bones. With little bits of meat and blood on them. From a carcass badly mangled.

I'm taking a zillion showers and skipping lunch. I'm never taking panga with the crows again. They may be pointy-beaked, noisy and you may want to throw a big fat shoe at them when they wake you at 7 am on a Sunday.. but remember, they always get back at you. And believe you me, there shall be blood.
(And if you look carefully, a triumphant smirk in those beady eyes.)

4 Comments:

Blogger DSK said...

What can I say? I've handled carcasses, dismembered poultry, meats and fish and got the highest scores in class, all while being a vegetarian. I used a boning knife then and have no clue what to do with it now. I'll lend it to you?

January 25, 2011 3:07 AM  
Blogger A said...

@DSK: Lend it to me. I shall aim it at a crow!

January 26, 2011 10:39 PM  
Blogger ~G said...

funny woman. why do such things happen to you. some pichle janam ka nata eh?

February 01, 2011 5:28 PM  
Blogger A said...

@G: Absolutely unfunny, how the Animal Kingdom treats me :( Maybe I was a dinosaur, pichle janam mein.. I quite like the thought :)

February 01, 2011 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home